Security Analyst - Specialist
483 Bay Street Toronto, Ontario M5G 2A3
Long term assignment for a Security specialist.
Shift Work – Evenings & Weekends (4: 00 pm – 12: 00 am, Wednesday to Sunday). Training will take place during the day shift (9: 00 am – 5: 00 pm), then worker will transition to the night shift
This team supports several Security Operations applications, keeping them patched and up-to-date. Team is made of 8 on-short and 5 off-shore resources, with the onshore resources acting as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on the applications supported.
Project is to ingest 9-12 thousand security logs into a new platform based on SecurOnix SNYPR
Daily Duties/Job Tasks:
• Participate in daily SCRUM meetings to identity required work activities
• Identify all servers that will require ingestion into the system
• Coordinating with the various technical teams to facilitate the ingestion process
• Confirm all tasks are completed accurately
• 3-5 years of IT work experience in enterprise-level organizations
• Strong organizational skills are required, ideally from exposure to BA/PM type roles/job tasks such as requirements gathering, activity and resource planning, time estimation and management, and managing reports and documentation.
• Basic Windows Administration experience
• 1-2 years of Information Security experience
• Experience/exposure with logging platforms and related infrastructure (SecurOnix SNYPR, Tibco LogLogic, HP ArcSight, Microsoft Eventhub, or other similar tools)
• Experience working in an Agile environment
Nice to Have:
• Securonix SNYPR experience
• HP ArcSight experience
• CISSP Certification