483 Bay Street Toronto, Ontario M5G 2A3
Security analyst required immediately for an 18 month assignment
Major project entering a new phase and additional resources are required to support the increased workload
Group Information: This team supports several Security Operations applications, keeping them patched and up-to-date. Team is made of 8 on-shore and 5 off-shore resources, with the onshore resources acting as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on the applications supported.
What Is The Project This Contractor Will Be Working On?: Project is to ingest 9-12 thousand security logs into a new platform.
The main function of a Technical Analyst is to plan, design, develop and implement efficient business and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes.
• Gather requirements, design, configure code, test and resolve issues in a development and production support environment.
• Development of modules, support for conversion of data, job scheduling, unit/integration testing, business process documentation, development of training materials, and delivery of end user training.
• Translate business requirements into configurations and interface specifications.
• Coordinate testing and validation with business users.
• Prepare detailed functional specifications for the development of custom reports, enhancements, interfaces, conversions, and forms.
• Provide operational support and maintenance of the acceptance test environments.
• Provide technical operational expertise for the review and utilization of test plans.
• Identify resolution of testing and/or environment variances.
• Provide environment operational and application support
Daily Duties/Job Tasks:
• Participate in daily SCRUM meetings to identity required work activities
• Identify all servers that will require ingestion into the system
• Coordinating with the various technical teams to facilitate the ingestion process
• Confirm all tasks are completed accurately
• 3-5 years of IT work experience in enterprise-level organizations
• 1-2 years of Information Security experience
• 1-2 years of experience with a logging platform (Securonix SNYPR, Tibco LogLogic, HP ArcSight, Microsoft Eventhub, or other similar tools)
• Experience working in an Agile environment
Nice to Have:
• Securonix SNYPR experience
• HP ArcSight experience
• CISSP Certification