Senior C# Developer
207 Queens Quay West Suite 500 Toronto, ON M5J 1A7
Sr Developer - Web and e-commerce
Our client in the gaming sector with an exciting growth story, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking an Senior Developer to join their Web Development team.
The Senior Developer plays a key role in the Software Development Lifecycle. In this position, you will design and develop new features and other changes to products. You will interface with Product Managers, Developers, QA, Support and Operations staff to ensure the high quality of products. This role demands a balance of very strong hands-on technical skills with communication and technical leadership abilities. This role is based in downtown Toronto and reports to the CTO.
- Deliver well-documented, high quality, and robust software designs and code
- Contribute to design discussions on product architecture, new features, functional and non-functional requirements.
- Perform design and code reviews to ensure adherence to development and architectural standards
- Deliver project tasks and assignments according to expectations.
- Provide effective communication with management and the development team
- Lead and mentor junior developers
- Work independently with minimal supervision to deliver high quality work.
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 6+ years experience in Software Development with a focus on scalable, web-based e-commerce or other SaaS applications
- 2+ years experience as a Senior Developer focusing on C#, .NET, ASP.NET, MVC and web services
- Strong technical leadership ability
- Strong knowledge of the .NET framework
- Strong knowledge of database design, relational (e.g. SQL Server) and non-relational databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Knowledge of software architecture and design concepts, patterns and methodologies
- Expert user of Visual Studio and associated design and development tools
- Knowledge of Amazon AWS, cloud architectures and SaaS
- Knowledge of DevOps processes and tools (e.g. Gulp, Grunt, Yarn, AWS CodePipeline, Jenkins)
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Proven ability to work in a small, fast-paced, results oriented company
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a collaborative team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Good presentation skills.
Nice to Have
- Experience with .NET Core
- Experience with container technologies, including Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of the Android SDK and mobile development tools and practices
- Experience working with e-commerce systems (Point of Sale, credit card processing)
- Knowledge of network communications, protocols and security
- Experience with raffle, gaming or sports betting systems