Senior IT Project Manager
33 Yonge Street Toronto, Ontario M5E1G4
Senior IT Project Manager
Our client in the financial sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking a Senior IT Project Manager to join their team.
Initial Planned Duration: 6 months
Reason the Role is Open: Position is to support the launch of a new project focused on Regulatory Compliance, supporting the banks Finance team.
Group Information: Team is made up of 20-30 PMs and support staff. Team sits within the PMO for Corporate Centre Technology, supporting the application delivery portfolio for AML & Compliance. Team supports 150+ internal applications that fall within the AML & Compliance line of business.
EVP (Employee Value Proposition): Team works as part of a PMO, and this role will provide opportunities to work across multiple lines of business, gaining a wider degree of exposure/experience within the bank than most standard PM roles.
The main function of an IT Project Manager is to oversee the application of project management methodology during all phases of the project cycle, with responsibilities that include project design, scope management, cost control, quality and performance reporting.
- Define test plans and ensure that products are defect free before User Acceptance Testing.
- Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope.
- Effectively oversee project staff (direct reports, matrixed reports, contractors, and interns), delegating work to appropriate leads.
- Efficiently communicate to stakeholders to manage expectations and project progress.
- Ensure appropriate systems development and project management processes are being utilized.
- Ensure that necessary risk assessments are continually reviewed and monitored and proactively addressed in a timely fashion.
- Facilitate the User Acceptance Testing process, developing rollout plans and procedures.
- Lead teams of developers in the delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet business needs.
- Make presentations to steering committees or project sponsors.
- Manage medium to large scale projects working collaboratively with business stakeholders, vendors, and technical resources.
- Manage project resources including procuring project staff, developing, motivating, coaching and advising.
- Partner closely with other members of functional project teams to define business requirements.
- Prepare and present cost-benefit analyses.
- Successfully plan, execute, control and close projects against defined scope and budget using CIBC procedures and policies.
Who Will the Candidate Be Working With on a Daily Basis?:
Senior project stakeholders, the Technology management team, Finance business partners, and various Technology teams within the bank (such as the Technology Operations and Infrastructure teams).
- Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
- Proven project management experience.
- People management and team building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities.
- Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels within the organization.
- Strong ability to assess risk and apply management principles to technology applications/products and business functions.
- Experience delivering technology and business application solutions in a large-scale, multi-platform systems environment.
- Extensive practical experience and knowledge with techniques for planning, organizing, and monitoring multiple IT projects simultaneously.
- 10+ years of experience in IT Project Management, primarily within Financial Institutions
- Executive-level communication and presentation skills - able to communicate technical jargon to non-technical people, and clearly present ideas to senior-level stakeholders within the bank
- Strong Experience with Application Development Projects
- Agile Methodology Experience
- PMP or PMI certification
Nice to Have:
- Finance Experience
- AML Experience
- Any Agile Certification
- Previous work experience in an Application Development role
Must-Have Soft Skills:
- Excellent Time and Priority Management
- Strong Vendor and Stakeholder Management experience
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.