Senior Java Developer
277 Victoria Street, Toronto, ON
Position: Senior Java Developer
Duration: 5 months
It is important that the Services be undertaken by a Senior Java Developer who can demonstrate specific knowledge of, and experience (technical and practical) in performing similar work for projects of comparable nature, size and scope as detailed below. The Senior Java Developer should have the following qualifications, experience & technical capabilities:
Experience and Qualifications:
- Extensive current experience in large scale application development projects, with specific experience as a J2EE web application developer & expertise creating and integrating web services using WebSphere.
- Considerable experience in system architecture (not just Java coding).
- Considerable and current experience in developing and sustaining Java-based microservices
- Considerable experience in developing secure systems and understanding security principles and best practices.
- Considerable experience with developing and sustaining service-oriented, component-based solutions utilizing WebSphere technologies.
- Considerable experience in creating application artifacts based on business requirements and creating high level data architecture/models, application architecture and other semantic diagrams and application mock-ups. Extensive and current experience in large scale application development projects with specific experience in Java
- Experience in executing Systems Integration tests, analysing the results and creating reports for Management as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in writing test documentation and tracking problems and defects within a large project
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Demonstrated competencies and knowledge in the following: Java, Hibernate, Spring, JDBC, Struts, Saxon, XML, XSLT, JSON, SSL/HTTPS, SOAP, REST and WS-* standards
- Hands-on experience working on projects that utilize majority of the following: WebSphere Application Server 8.x, IBM RAD 7/RAD 8, AJAX, Oracle 11g/12c, PL/SQL, design patterns, SQL Developer
- Extensive and current experience with Java
- Familiarity with SVN version control tool