Senior Project Manager
5000 Yonge St. Toronto, ON M2N 7J8
Sr Project Manager - IFRS
Our client in the insurance sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking an Sr Project Manager to take over their IFRS Program.
Location: North York
Initial Planned Duration: 12 Months
Introduction: The Program Leader / Senior Project Manager will begin work with the businesses to scope, plan and then ultimately execute the multi-year program with the assistance of a small team. In support of this initiative, an operational and financial impact is underway, and will provide important insight to the Program Leader / Senior Project Manager and their team. The program is slated to go live on Jan 1, 2021, with appropriate parallel runs and testing during the summer of 2020, and an expected post implementation timeline.
As a Program Leader / Senior Project Manager you will:
- Provide consultation to Project Sponsor regarding approach and project design
- Define program and project plan components including scope, risks, assumptions, dependencies, constraints and milestones
- Define tactics and deliverables based on strategy or objectives
- Define required resources, expenses and timelines by engaging stakeholders in estimation process
- Manage work and resources according to deliverables set out in the program / project plan and ensure work is proceeding according to plan.
- Address issues and risks by identifying solutions and getting stakeholder buy-in
- Develop a change management plan and identify escalation and approvals required
- Negotiate and manage trade-offs between time, cost and scope as a result of changes
- Confirm with stakeholders that project deliverables are being met and record items that are deferred.
What we are looking for…
- Portfolio/Program management experience of 10 years+, and the oversight and management of integrated teams (internal and external resources) or Senior project management experience of 10 years+
- The management of complex or challenging projects/programs
- The use of industry recognised project management and/or solution delivery methodologies
- Programs and projects relating financial reporting change execution management capabilities in large, complex organisations
- Managing the inter-relationships and dependencies between systems/data integration, business process re-engineering, productivity and organisational change, and an implicit understanding of same
- Presenting and translating technical concepts to a senior business audience
- Life insurance experience
- Experience with implementation of complex accounting standards (transition to IFRS, s3855, etc)
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.
BHAS: sl133app2: 81: BULLHORN_LG3324: BULLHORN1146: 346