305 Industrial Parkway South - Unit 1 Aurora, ON
Our Aurora, Ontario client has an immediate opening for a FULL TIME Software Director/Product Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for the structure, production and maintenance of all product software.
As a member of the Management Team, reporting to the Executive Vice President & CTO, you will lead a combined employee/outsource partner team to cover technical design, standards and architecture for the company' s range of software products. You will bring proven experience in a range of development platforms, management of on-staff and third-party developers, and integration with other software providers.
This is a dynamic role requiring team-building and hands-on contribution. You won' t be afraid to roll up your sleeves. You will also thrive in a rapidly growing environment where there is opportunity for growth and advancement within the organization. Our client is not a start-up, but an established organization experiencing rapid growth - you will bring a passion to be part of their journey as a key contributor.
As the Software Director/Product Engineer, you will:
- Plans and resources all software development projects
- Day-to-day production and maintenance of on-premise and hosted solutions
- Builds and leads the on-staff development team and complements with outsource partners as appropriate
- In conjunction with Marketing and the Business Development Team, contributes to product roadmap plans
- Develops and publishes technical specifications, functional specifications and software specifications
- Understands database and code standards
- Supports Client integrations and customizations
- Structures and leads QA process
- Develops and executes on Release process
- Identifies, coordinates and supports third-party integrations
- Builds and maintains software technology infrastructure, including third party providers
Your Technical Qualifications will include:
- Undergraduate or Post-Graduate Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Must bring hands on expertise with the following technologies: .Net framework, ASP.Net, HTML5, CSS3, Oracle Database (RDBMS)
- Relevant technology and leadership experience in a similar role
- Proven track record in Product Development
- Strong knowledge of leading development practices, integration and release methodologies