Software Engineer - 5
36 Toronto Street Toronto, Ontario M5C
excellent assignment within Global Platform Modernization group.
Senior software engineer required for an initial short term contract with strong potential for renewal.
Join the Global Community of Bank to help customers become better off.
Bank has begun the journey to modernize both development practices and tools. One of the areas being explored is the public cloud and the various platform technologies that support both development and operations on the cloud. The aim is to reduce costs by providing a streamlined process and framework which will allow the development team to focus on building business logic. The bank is looking to build their development team with influencers, makers, creators and industry leaders who will drive them forward and enhance the experience of their customers.
Role: Software Engineer - Cloud
• Designing, implementing and refactoring code (typically Java, or C#).
• Participating in design discussions focused on scalability and design and implementation best practices.
• Ensure software, programs and applications are developed and/or configured to meet high availability, integrity and reliability requirements.
• Working with lead engineers and architects on breaking-down, scoping and estimating tasks.
• Participating in planning and retrospective sessions, attending stand-ups, etc.
• Be able to design, build and operate the software and infrastructure that keeps our solutions running.
• Our teams are flexible and fast – you will be asked to provide leadership, mentorship, peer review and quality control on a daily basis.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
1. 3+ years of experience designing and implementing software.
2. 5 to 7+ years of experience developing real-time applications in Java/J2EE for enterprise clients.
3. Solid knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages: Java, C#.
4. Experience designing and implementing RESTful services, good knowledge of HTTP specifics.
5. Knowledge of most common software design patterns.
6. Awareness of how scalable, enterprise-level software system is designed (both on code and infrastructure levels).
7. Experience working with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server).
8. Understanding of software release process (environments, binary repositories, CI/CD).
9. Writing and maintaining related documentation.
10. Investigating, analyzing, and resolving system problems.
Nice to have:
• Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in Computer Science.
• Experience working with non-relational databases (MongoDB, GraphDB, etc.)
• Experience designing and implementing mobile applications and services.
• Good knowledge of various networking protocols and terminology (TCP/IP, gateways, routers, firewalls, etc.)
• Experience designing and implementing cloud-based applications, awareness of main public cloud offerings (Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCE).
• Experience working with scripting languages (Bash, PowerShell).
• Experience working in Agile environment.