Sr. Application Developer
5650 Yonge Street 3rd Floor Toronto, ON M2M 4H5
Sr. Application Developer
Our client in the financial sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking an Sr. Applications Developer to join their team on a contract basis.
Duration: 12 months(renewable)
Rate: to be determined based on candidate qualifications
Working on Order management upgrade/enhancement project for the Capital Markets Project.
- Implement / Enhance customization / integration component of Order management system;
- Work with business users to refine requirements;
- Create and / or validate technical design documents;
- Interface with service architect and other developers and contribute to technical decisions;
- Interact with project managers / business analysts / team leads for effort estimates;
- Write high quality Unit tested code;
- Directly interact with business users to identify / resolve issues;
- Facilitate UAT and QA testing;
- Facilitate deployment of changes;
- Other duties as may be required.
- At least 7 years’ experience for the following technologies
- Service Development (e.g.: WCF, Web API)
- At least 5 years’ of Oracle (PLSQL) development experience
- At least 2 years’ experience working in an agile environment
- At least 3 years’ of development experience using integration / ESB platform (e.g. TIBCO)
- DevOps tooling (Github Jenkins, Nexus) & Process (automated build, deployment testing)
- Strong experience in software design concept and methodology
- Must have good communication skills.
- Candidate must be able to work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
Skills (Nice to have):
- Charles River Investments Management System
- Capital Market Experience
- Java development
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.