Sr. Java Developer - Capital Markets
130 King St West Suite 3000 Toronto, ON M5X 1J9
Working with the Capital Markets Web Portal Team, that is using modern tools and techniques to develop new, high performance web applications. Bring us your knowledge and skills to help make our products “ Best in Class”.
As part of an innovative group, you will be working on the development of new and enhanced features for the platform.
The platform is the foundation for how our users access the information and tools that are pertinent for them to do their jobs as Investment Advisors. It is a modern platform that is being actively being developed.
As a Java programmer/analyst on the development team, you will develop application code for new projects as well as maintain and support existing applications.
In this role you will be reporting the Portal Team Development Manager.
- Enhance and maintain the Portal products based on user specifications, business imperatives and established timelines.
- Provide innovative, high performance and elegant solutions in a high performance web based environment. You will be working on both the server and front end code.
- Carry out unit tests on the developed / modified components and perform other tests according to the methods and procedures established by the team.
- Establish and be cognizant of mechanisms to ensure the security and integrity of data.
- Provide advice and support to other developers and functional analysts.
Required Skills and Tools
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Very good knowledge of programming in JAVA language, JSP and other aspects of JEE.
- Knowledge of development frameworks such as Spring with JPA (Hibernate).
- Good knowledge of JEE application containers, WebSphere and Tomcat.
- Knowledge of front end framework (Bootstrap, jQuery).
- Knowledge of REST architecture, Angular 2.
- Experience in highly transactional development environments.
- Good Knowledge of WEB concepts (XML, JSON, HTML5, CSS, AJAX, WSDL, SOA Concept, etc.).
- Knowledge of JIRA/Confluence/X-Ray and other products from the Atlassian collaboration tools suite.
- Proficient in SQL and database knowledge.
- Knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager is an asset.
- Knowledge of Java Portal/Portlets is an asset.
- Experience with Liquibase is an asset.
- Integrate well with other team members.
- Eager problem solver.