Sr. Project Manager
5650 Yonge Street 3rd Floor Toronto, ON M2M 4H5
Sr. Project Manager
Our client in the financial sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking a Sr. Project Manager to join their team.
Initial Planned Duration: 12 months
Reporting to the Portfolio Director, the Project Manager plans, manages and directs the implementation and successful delivery of projects, with a strong focus on Agile/Scrum methodology. The incumbent is responsible for managing one or more projects within the constraints of scope, time, cost, and quality to successfully deliver to specified requirements and achieve customer satisfaction. He/she will also manage tradeoffs while balancing the needs of the project, the client and the organization.
- Lead selected Financial Services/Capital Markets projects in an Agile environment
o Manage projects through the entire Project Management Lifecycle (initiate, plan, execute, control, close) in collaboration with business and IT Leads
o Assess projects in early stage to determine which methodology will be adopted, Waterfall or Agile
o Articulate business value and gather accurate estimates in order to create realistic business cases
o Manage all aspects of project delivery, including defining scope, controlling budget, creating and managing a detailed project plan, establishing milestones and managing to plan
o Create and regularly update Project RAID logs, in particular, proactively identify and articulate risks, and systematically update plan to mitigate risks and communicate accordingly
o Create project artifacts in collaboration with key project team members, ensuring projects are set up for success
o Ensure compliance to our policies, project management methodology and standards by ensuring that PM processes, discipline and controls are consistently applied to projects
o Identify and manage interdependencies and linkages between different projects
o Ensure effective communication mechanisms are in place and manage all communication to team and key stakeholders
o Manage vendors through entire lifecycle of projects and ensure all deliverables are on time, on scope, on budget and on quality; potentially manage RFP process
o Conduct monthly Financial reviews, including LE, forecasting and accrual reviews
o Facilitate problem solving and control changes to project baselines through accepted change management practices
o Ensure all project team members understand the readiness process and train/coach accordingly
- Act as Scrum Master (when applicable)
- Scrum master is responsible to facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings.
- Knowledgeable in conducting the workshop sessions to define the User Story Maps.
- Familiar with Personas, Epics and agile practices for creating the User Story Map.
- Establish the Structure of Building the Story Map.
- Help the team complete the cycle of breaking down the Story Map into detailed User Stories through estimation and ultimately into Sprint Cadence.
- Validate the Story Map with different teams and stakeholders.
- Coach the team on Story Map Concept and Walkthrough.
- Set up the team environment for successful delivery.
- Define roles and responsibilities within the team.
- Create the structure and set up the team to deliver MVP.
- Help in the definition of MVP, Definition of done and other agile practices.
- Support development of continuous improvement capability
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives as each project progresses
- Conduct or oversee post-implementation reviews and sprint retrospectives to identify areas of continual improvement
- Harness wisdom of other project managers to influence project planning and management
- Encourage and participate in knowledge sharing activities
- Train/mentor/coach/guide teams and project managers throughout the organization
- Provide formal and informal coaching to team members on projects; support other projects as a subject matter expert
- Train others in the project management skill set, as well as participate in formal training programs
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, and removing road blocks to their work and manage conflict resolution
- Prioritize and manage workload of project team members in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines
- Support demand and capacity management
- Manage view of resource supply and demand by regularly and systematically matching resource utilisation with project resource needs to identify major surplus and shortages of skilled resources
- Fill resource gaps in a timely manner, minimizing impact to projects and ensuring LE accuracy
- Conduct regular conversations with functional leads to maintain short and long term forecast/capacity plans and ensure sufficient staff is available during peak periods
- Support organizational change management efforts, related to specific projects
- In collaboration with change Management Team, lead change management efforts for larger projects and supports for smaller initiatives to ensure projects realize their expected impact/outcome
- In collaboration with Change Management team, anticipates Organisational friction points and sequences and paces projects to maximise end user absorption
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in project management execution, preferably in a financial institution environment specifically Capital Markets or Wealth (budgets between $2-10 million)
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP) is an asset
- Certified Scrum Master (SCM)
- Canadian Securities Course
- Six Sigma / Lean Certification an asset
- Proven vendor management and financial management experience
- Proven Risk analysis and mitigation experience
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent organizational, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of management and staff
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in team environments; considering multiple points of view and managing conflicts
- Proficiency in MS Project, Visio and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Planview an asset
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.