20 Dundas St. W., 6th Toronto, ON
Our client in the __ sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking an Test Coodinator to join their team.
Initial Planned Duration: 6 months
Job Description: Summary:
The main function of a Test Coordinator is to develop, implement, and document all testing activities, including test planning, test documentation, test execution, defect tracking and reporting, including follow-up and issue resolution.
• Analyze, define, and translate business and functional specifications into testing requirements.
• Attend project meetings to report on the status of testing, communicate issues, implement QA standards and policies, and communicate QA schedule.
• Develop, schedule, coordinate and execute test procedures of systems and software for multiple projects for system integration.
• Direct, motivate, develop and manage the performance of the testing team and key staff.
• Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
• Ensure client needs are being met with the highest quality.
• Identify, analyze and document problems with program function, output, online screen or content.
• Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
• Participate in client business review sessions to influence decisions regarding the use of technology to support objectives or address issues.
• Report and manage software concerns and test activities throughout the software development lifecycle.
• Successful translation of business processes, systems functionality and requirements into well-written test plans.
• Test system modifications to prepare for implementation.
• Manage and coordinate end-to-end testing activities for small and large projects such as developing and executing test cases.
• Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
• Experience writing test documentation such as Test Plans, scripts and test results reports.
• Ability to analyze/interpret test results and provide recommendations to improve testing.
• Professional experience using SQL, Oracle and other databases, test plans, test scripting, application architecture, multiple IT platforms, systems and software and working the SDLC.
• Professional experience with data conversation, data mapping, and data integrity.
• Project management experience with a focus on project status reporting and coordination of efforts to meet project timelines.
• Experience with approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational, or process problems.
• Experience interacting with development teams, end-user teams, senior management, other third parties, and stakeholders.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Genysis Suite experience (with an understanding of how it integrates with desktops and telephony)
• Both agile and waterfall methodology experience
• ALM & Jira experience
• Reporting experience
• Understanding of the financial industry from a business perspective
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.