671 University Avenue toronto, ON
Line of Business: Client Connectivity & Innovation (Supporting Wealth and Commercial Banking)
Target Start Date: ASAP
Number of Positions: 2
Duration: 12 months from start date
Work Location: Toronto, 671 University Avenue
Hours (is there a possibility of OT): Monday-Friday, 9: 00 am – 5: 00 pm. No overtime expected, but may be required on an as-needed basis.
Possibility of Extension/Conversion: Extension is possible, but will be based on candidate performance and available project workload. Conversion to FTE is not expected, but possible for an interested candidate based on project workload and the team’ s available headcount.
Interview Process: 2 rounds of in-person interviews. 1st round with the hiring manager, then 2nd round with the HM’ s manager and other senior members from the team.
Reason the Role is Open: Net new positions to support increased project workload
Group Information: As part of the Direct Banking, Innovation and Analytics department, this team oversees all UX/UI design and development (strategy to production) for client-facing sites and applications, predominantly within the Wealth Management space.
Who Will the Candidate Be Working with on a Daily Basis?: Their fellow team members, stakeholder groups, and other digital teams enterprise-wide.
Daily Job Duties/Activities: This resource will play a key role in defining and leading the UX and design strategy as well as managing collaboration with partner groups. In addition, they will be hands-on in creating innovative and compelling digital experiences and drive innovation and strategy backed by a strong knowledge of research, data, and best practices.
What is the Project the Contractor will be Working On?: This role will be supporting a variety of projects in the wealth management line of business.
How You’ ll Succeed
• UX/UI design expertise – you excel in UX/UI design and are proficient in creating artefacts from ideation to production such as userflows, journey diagrams, wireframes, sketches, protoptypes, layouts, UI assets and production documents.
• UX/UI innovation and insights – you are curious and have thorough knowledge across multiple areas of user experience including UX innovation, persona development, data interpretation, technological innovation, competitive and UX research, UX best practices and inclusive design.
• Initiative leadership – you are a leader who helps drive the UX vision and strategy across many initiatives and understand how they fit in across the enterprise digital ecosystem. You will lead UX/UI design thinking, partner engagement and provide guidance to the design team to ensure the delivery of exceptional user experiences.
Who You Are
You can demonstrate experience in: UX/UI design (cross-platform), UX strategy development, translating business requirements into an exceptional CX, initiative leadership, managing digital brands, UX research and creating fully accessible experiences. It’ s an asset if you have worked in an environment using agile UX design/development methodology.
• 5+ years of experience with UX/UI design
• Experience working in a strategic capacity, driving UX vision and leading teams in terms of design.
• Team lead or people management experience.
• Proficient at creating artefacts with Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and/or similar tools.
• Familiarity with front-end development/coding with CSS and HTML5.
• Experience working with, and adhering to, digital brand guidelines.
Nice to Have:
• Familiarity with other front-end development languages such as Angular.js.
• UX Research experience (Usability and User Testing)
• Educational background in Research or related fields such as Human Factors, User Experience Design, Service Design, Strategic Foresight, etc.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) – must be able to communicate up to the executive level, collaborating and leading discussions with partner groups.
• Able to foster growth and improvement. Not just assigning tasks, but inspiring and leading the team in relation to UX design.
• Big-picture thinking. Not just focused on the current project/task, but the overall UX strategy
• Able to align the team’ s tasks and strategy with the business’ s overall priorities.