Visual Foxpro PA (Exclusive)
1020 Brock Road, Suite 2005 Pickering, Ontario
Our client is seeking a Desktop Application Developer with Visual Foxpro and SQL Server experience to maintain an in-house developed application.
This will be a contract position to start with the possibility of Full time. additionally, opportunities exist to learn and gain experience on other technologies.
LOCATION: Pickering, Ontario
This position is responsible for developing web and windows applications and services using FoxPro and Microsoft C#.NET. This position requires working with project leadership to perform project analysis, determining functional and technical business requirements, developing code, testing and deploying applications.
• 3-4 years of hands on experience using Visual FoxPro 9.0, running against a SQL Server database
• Proficient in application development and production support
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming & Database Architecture
• Experienced with source code management and continuous integration
• Experienced in developing security measures to prevent against hacking attacks
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to manage and juggle multiple tasks at one time
• Must work well in a team environment
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create detailed specification documents based on business requirements.
• Develop quick prototypes for business stakeholder verification to use as a foundation for design/development solutions.
• Create and execute testing plans and procedures.
• Automate processes using software tools and scripts.
• Manage system enhancements and upgrades.
• Provide guidance, mentoring, education, and leadership on how to effectively create and support the applications.
• Follow best practices for technology and business level technology implementation.
• Conduct code level and other systems quality assurance tests and procedures.
The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required performing the work. Other duties/functions may be added to the job, as business needs dictate.