Workday HCM Lead (BSA)
33 Yonge Street Toronto, Ontario M5E1G4
Workday HCM expertise required immediayely. 1 year assignments.
As part of Human Resources, this new team has been made to support the Workday migration program. There are 3 teams under the VP overseeing the program, 1 team is responsible for the technology implementation and testing, 1 team is responsible for process changes and the overall employee experience with the new platform, and a 3rd team that is outsourced and is responsible for change management and managing 3rd party vendors.
Responsible for actively participating in all stages of the Workday project lifecycle, with a particular focus on design, testing and deployment.
• Perform principal consultant duties on Workday HCM implementation, responsible for the analysis, design, scheduling, construction and delivery of the Workday HCM solution.
• Understand business requirements, validation solution configuration and assist with testing.
• Demonstrates an informed knowledge of HR business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities.
• Participate in and lead working sessions to influence the end-to-end design in HCM and any extension to other Workday HR processes to help improve the employee experience and reduce the cost and risks of operations (including exception processing).
• Recognize business process inefficiencies and recommend improvements.
• Perform research on problems, separating the symptoms from the actual cause, and identifies corrective measures. Seek opinions and feedback on alternative solutions and best practices and implement those that have been agreed upon by the team.
• Demonstrate technical core HR/workforce administration expertise and take a practical/business driven approach to solving complex challenges.
• Lead HCM cutover and deployment planning and execution activities, including the day-by-day implantation calendar.
• Serve as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
• Develop working relationships with other members of project team and management as well as external partners.
• Provide the project manager with status reports and keep them informed regarding overall project status.
• Help train and mentor new Workday team members within the organization.
• Complete assignments on time and with quality and suggest opportunities for quality and process improvements.
• Contribute to knowledge management capital through activities such as sharing documented lessons learned, Q&A, documented deliverables, regularly post best practices and knowledge sharing information to the team’ s central repository
Daily Job Duties/Activities:
• This position is primarily a mix of BSA/PM work. The team has technical SMEs who will lay out the overall functionality of the new platform. The resource in this role will need to convert the technical functionality into understandable terms to discuss with the business, gather their requirements and chosen functionality, and then convert that back into functional requirements to be implemented by the technical teams. They will also be responsible for overseeing the delivery of said requirements.
• 5+ years of experience implementing Core HR systems such as Workday, SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle, ADP or other SaaS software solutions
Nice to Have:
• Workday HCM Certification is a strong asset
• Ability to be effectively and actively engaged on multiple, parallel initiatives within the Program
• Demonstrates ability to prioritize conflicting demands with little supervision
• Demonstrates strong work ethics, setting an example for others
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Possesses sound analytical problem-solving and documentation skills