java / Scala / Capital Markets developer
225 King St W Toronto, ON M5V
Experience within Capital markets? Interest rate derivative applications?
Career opportunity with our major Canadian financial institution.
The Senior programmer Analyst is responsible for the effective analysis, design, development, implementation and support of application for risk management and regulatory/compliance.
The candidate will need to interact with various stakeholders including Business Analysts, business users, vendors, Infrastructure and Production Support Team. The incumbent will influence the technological solution in relationship to architecture, design and development and leverage common components and enterprise technologies as part of delivering the solution.
- Develop scalable applications to meet business objectives by analyzing user requirements, providing technical specifications and design and developing/maintaining programs according to best practice and quality standards. The incumbent must ensure programs and applications developed meet the high availability, integrity and reliability requirements, and utilize CIAD process
- Provide production and user acceptance testing support to assigned applications by identifying, evaluating, escalating, resolving problems.
- Implement new systems or enhancements, establishing and executing system test procedures, developing implementation plan, developing the required program and system documentation and ensuring all functionality has been delivered as required. The incumbent is also required to provide post implementation support and training
- Keep current on rapidly changing technological trends and new technologies and maintain an understanding of the Division’ s business and technology strategies.
- At least 3-5 years of experience developing and supporting application in Unix/Linux Environment
- Good knowledge of RDBMS (Postgres, Oracle, etc)
- Strong knowledge of Java, Python. Experience with Scala, Hadoop and Spark would be an asset
- Experience with Continuous integration and delivery would be an asset
- Experience with risk management and Derivatives applications (like Interest Rate, Equity, and Credit Derivatives) would be an asset.
- Previous experience with Capital markets Risk management and regulatory/compliance is an asset.
A degree in computer science, math or engineering related discipline is desirable, along with 3-5 years practical experience.