Junior - Intermediate Software Developer
1 Yonge Street, Suite 700 Toronto, ON M5E 1E5
Our client is a fast-growing software technology company that is a market leader in data driven platforms and solutions used within the charity and fundraising space. With offices in Toronto, New York and the UK, the product is delivered and used by over 450 clients globally, including some of the most iconic brands across the sports landscape. This means, your work will be seen by and used by millions
What we offer:
- Opportunity to design and build the next generation of market-leading, cloud-based charitable fundraising applications
- A top-notch development environment including great hardware and current development tools
- An agile development process that uses small, focused teams to collaboratively deliver great results
- A dynamic, growing company environment where success is rewarded, and you can make a difference
- Competitive compensation including salary, bonus and equity
- Offices on the Toronto waterfront easily accessible by transit, cycling, walking or driving
- Employees that are passionate about sports and helping charities succeed
The Software Developer plays a key role in the software development life cycle. In this position, you will design and develop new features and other changes to the core suite of products to meet business requirements. You will work with Product Managers, Developers, QA, and Support staff to ensure the high quality delivery of the client platform and products. This role demands a balance of hands-on technical skills with good communication abilities.
- Deliver well-documented, high quality, and robust software designs and code
- Perform design and code reviews to ensure adherence to development and architectural standards
- Deliver project tasks and assignments according to expectations.
- Provide effective communication with management and the development team
- Work independently with limited supervision to deliver high quality work.
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years experience in Software Development with a focus on scalable, web-based e-commerce or other SaaS applications
- 2+ years experience working with C#, .NET, ASP.NET, MVC and web services
- Good knowledge of the .NET framework
- Knowledge of database design, relational (e.g. SQL Server) and non-relational databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Experience using Visual Studio and associated design and development tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Proven ability to work in a small, fast-paced, results oriented company
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a collaborative team environment
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Amazon AWS, cloud architectures and SaaS
- Knowledge of the Android SDK and mobile development tools and practices
- Knowledge of DevOps processes and tools (e.g. Gulp, Grunt, Yarn, AWS CodePipeline, Jenkins)
- Experience working with e-commerce systems (Point of Sale, credit card processing)
- Knowledge of network communications, protocols and security
- Experience with raffle, gaming or sports betting systems