SAP Business Analyst
55 John St. 15th floor Toronto, ON M5V 3C6
Reporting to the Manager, Integrated Technology Systems, as well as the SWMS' Project Sponsors, for all aspects of assigned projects, the Business Analyst / Project Manager is responsible for
: • Leading the assigned SWMS' project to ensure that all deliverables are achieved on time, budget and in-scope;
• Developing business requirements for a contract management solution using City templates;
• Ensuring clear communications with executives, stakeholders, assigned project staff members consultants and vendors;
• Documenting and analysing business processes, business requirements, inputs, outputs and integration points;
• Documenting project schedules, project plans, requirements definitions as well as cost estimates for the projects;
• Identifying and defining key objectives, risks and drivers, to create appropriate plans while mitigating identified issues and risks
; • Conducting workflow analysis and business process modelling;
• Conducting gap assessments and documenting system and process requirements that will bridge gaps with base system (SAP – Ariba)
• Taking responsibility for eliciting and documenting; project constraints, resource levelling impacts and project delays
• Liaising and communicating with SWMS as well as I&T Support Teams including other Project Managers
• Leading the project teams to identify, document, track and resolve project problems, defects and issues;
• Performing other duties as required.
. 3.0 Qualifications a. Qualifications & Experience Project Management & Business Analysis Experience:
A.1a. 10+ years of professional business analysis and project management experience, exhibiting clear, practical knowledge of tools and techniques for documenting, planning, organizing, executing, monitoring and controlling multiple IT projects while developing business requirements and making recommendations on implementation strategies.
A.1b. Excellent stakeholder management and consulting skills with proven track record of relationship management, partnership development and strong leadership capacity, with the ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders, mobilize and motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflicts, and execute with limited information and ambiguity.
A.1c. Proven track record of documenting business requirements with an emphasis on gap assessments having successfully implemented solutions that leveraged 3rd party modules on large scale financial systems. Industry Experience:
A.2. Preference will be given to those candidates with related industry experience Public Sector / Solid Waste and / or those candidates with significant experience with contact management solutions including SAP – Ariba. b. Technical Capabilities Education and Accreditations:
B.1 A university degree in computer science or a related discipline pertinent to Information Technology and / or Business Analysis / Project Management with extensive experience working in a large complex organization environment, or the approved equivalent combination of education and / or relevant management experience. Project Management Methodologies and Knowledge Areas:
B.2a Experience with Project Management methodologies, including; Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), Agile Project Management, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and any other relevant project management methodologies as well as a solid understanding and demonstrated experience of business and systems requirement gathering leading to the implementation of enterprise contract management solutions
. B.2b Experience with Project Management & Business Requirement Areas including: • Integration, scope, time, cost and risk & issues management; • Human resource management; • Stakeholder, engagement and communication management; • Procurement management; • Quality management • Business Requirement Gathering • Gap Assessments • Process Modelling Software / Technical Skills:
B.3a Technical Experience with SAP and Enterprise ERP Financial Solutions with an emphasis on Contract Management Solutions as well as an ability to recommend and implement security, privacy and quality assurance requirements as well as corporate and legislated standards for confidential data.
B.3b Microsoft Office including Visio, Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint