Senior Android Developer
720 Bathurst Street Toronto, ON
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Our client is looking for a strong Senior Android Developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits and will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work with outside data sources and API’ s
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven software development experience
- Proven working experience in Android development
- Have published at least one original Android app
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Design, develop, and configure mobile applications to meet client requirements end-to-end from analysis, design, implementation, quality assurance (including testing), to delivery and maintenance of the app
- Create high quality and scalable user experiences on a wide variety of Android devices and form factors
- Write high fidelity user interface code, test for usability, measure end-to-end quality of user flows and bridge the gap between design and technology
- Experience with Android SDK
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Knowledge of Kotlin a bonus
- Easily accessible downtown location, connected to Union Station and PATH
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Everyone brings something valuable to the table in our supportive, challenging, and collaborative, diverse work environment
- Company paid health benefits: 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Corporate-discounted Gym Membership through GoodLife
- Company discount program including Travel, Shopping, Attractions, Wellness, & Sporting events, just to name a few
- Access to an Employee & Family Assistance program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Opportunity Program
- Annual Performance Awards
- Town Halls
- Philanthropic Events
- Social Events
- Lunch and Learns