461 King Street West, 3rd Floor
Category: Developer/Programmer Analyst
Job Number: 14132
Title: Senior Java Technical Lead
This is a permanent position and located in Downtown Toronto.
The Client has produced high quality systems for the banking, auto finance, capital markets, health insurance and pension plan industries. They design and build high-performing enterprise solutions with emphasis placed on great user experience, robust architecture, and a perfect fit. You’ ll have the opportunity to grow your leadership and development skills while demonstrating the value of their services to a wide range of clients.
Things you need to have:
- Technical team leadership skills, including the ability to assume delivery responsibility for the project, and to keep a small team of developers occupied and efficient.
- 8+ years’ experience in software development using Java enterprise technologies: J2EE, Spring/Springboot, JMS, REST/SOAP Web Services, Java Application Servers
- 4+ years’ experience with Spring and Hibernate framework. Thorough understanding of CS fundamentals and theory relevant to applications development.
- Hands-on with ReactJS on the front-end and experience designing databases and implementing (PL/SQL) scripts and stored procedures; Oracle, MySQL or MS SQL experience is considered an asset
- Prior experience designing and implementing multi-threaded and multi-process large scale systems. Hands on experience of client server architecture and Object-Oriented Programming concepts
- Strong knowledge of all tiers used in modern architecture (front-end, mid-tier, web services, messaging, data tier) Developing RESTful webservices
What you will be doing:
- Analyze existing systems and elicit detailed business requirements
- Demonstrate effective mentorship and hands-on technical leadership to team members
- Build trustful relationships within the team and with the customer
- Design, develop, maintain, and integrate modules for various client software systems / applications
- Coordinate and perform the testing effort to ensure component, module, and system accuracy
- Identify and advocate for change when warranted by current processes or existing systems implementations