open data full stack developer
55 John St. 15th floor Toronto, ON M5V 3C6
Long term assignment for a junior Full stack developer. Our govenrment client has an immediate need ...please connect asap.
The Open Data Junior Full Stack Developer will join the design team for the Open Data publishing pipeline and visualization portal and will be responsible for: Development tasks, assessing user requirements, creating and testing user interface designs, prototypes and specifications across multiple platforms and browsers; conducting usability tests at various stages of the development process; analyzing the results of these tests and making recommendations to improve the design and functionality;; promoting and supporting a corporate standard for usability excellence and accessibility.
Experience and Qualifications: • 1+ years of experience working on website development projects using web content management system, preferably WordPress, and data visualization technology. •
1+ years of experience demonstrating the ability to participate in cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams producing innovative web designs •
Demonstrated knowledge of civic issues, municipal government business services, and government open data •
Experience in business system analysis, agile application development and programming in a large, diverse computing environment. •
Experience with Open Source technologies •
Experience with Cloud Services with AWS using abroad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, S3,) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution. •
Experience developing and/or maintaining large scale information technology applications •
Post-secondary education in computer science or a related discipline, or the approved equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Technical Abilities: •
Proficiency with fundamental front end languages
Proficiency with server side languages such as Python, Java, PHP and .Net. •
Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, SQL and PostgreSQL •
Extensive experience in using REST APIs, including JSON and XML APIs •
Experience with Git and knowledge of GitFlow best practices. •
Excellent interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills •
Experience working with various user experience design tools •
Proficiency with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Google Suite) •
Knowledge of AODA and WCAG accessibility standards
This work will include: 1. Performs analysis and design duties as well as programming, modelling and scripting, testing, documentation and deployment preparation.
2. Completes preliminary analysis, system and functional design, workflow diagrams for quality systems development.
3. Prepares front-end prototypes and mock-ups of user interface.
5. Designs, codes, tests, implements and maintains HTML5.
6. Designs and develops systems that comply with accessibility and privacy legislation.
7. Coordinates and develops program specifications and documentation.
8. Conducts and supports different levels of testing i.e. system, integration, regression, usability and optimization/configuration.
9. Performs information and application data conversions as required.
10. Participates as a team member in the execution of project plans providing technical expertise and advice re: development tools, work effort estimates.
11. Analyzing site metrics using Web Analytics tools.
12. Conducts research, investigates and recommends best practices for information and application services.
13. Contributes to post-implementation project reviews.
14. Determines user training needs and supporting training efforts.
15. Assisting with planning, deployment and migration of data and content to new Portal.
16. Support product releases and incremental improvements to existing interfaces.
17. Contributing to quality assurance activities for all new Open Data products and services and resolving issues as appropriate.
18. Ensuring that the appropriate knowledge transfer and training is given to the appropriate City staff to enable effective sustainment of the Open Data products and services